- You are part of the project team that calculates the societal impact for companies and organizations
- You do quantitative analysis on environmental, social and economic benefits and costs, and desk research on primary and secondary data
- You conduct economic and business analyses to formulate and assess projects that companies can do to profitably improve their impact
- You present your results to the project team and improve them with their input
- At the start, you will do supplementary analysis under close supervision, as it involves client work. Later you get more responsibilities
What do we offer?
- A dynamic and stimulating working environment with a professional and young culture
- A 6 – 10 month fulltime internship
- A compensation of €350 per month and commuting costs up to €200 per month
- Active coaching and supervision
- Access to a strong network (partner-organizations, board members)
- Actual responsibilities and the opportunity to have impact
- Perspective on a job in case of excellent performance
- Functional work area: Finance, Sustainability, Business, Economics, Environment, Sociology
- Hours per week: 40
- Additional benefits: Laptop, Travel expenses, Lunch
You deliver excellence in what you do, you are entrepreneurial and have a strong drive to improve the state of the world. You are looking for a hands-on professional experience in a stimulating environment, where you will learn a lot and get the opportunity to have impact. You want an internship at a growing social enterprise that works on the basis of innovation, solid analysis and transparency. You are looking for an opportunity to learn about and contribute to a cutting edge field that meets a fast growing demand among of organizations worldwide.
- University degree completed (bachelor required, preferably master)
- Quantitative background (coursework in econometrics, statistics, mathematics, physics and/or information sciences)
- Affinity with and preferably coursework in economics, social or environmental sciences
- Affinity with and preferably coursework in programming and databases
- Ability to work hard in a professional setting
- Ambitious person with a drive to improve the world
- Independent, accurate, results-oriented and problem solver
- Ability to communicate about technical issues with people without a technical background
- Applicant profile: MSc Student
- Experience: preferably experience in a professional working environment
- Required language skills: English
True Price is a social enterprise that helps organizations measure, monetize and improve their impact. We give organizations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Our platform and research services aim to contribute to a circular and inclusive economy that creates value for all people by providing the information needed for such an economy.
- Industry: Consultancy / Research
- Organisation size: 11 – 50
- Company website: http://trueprice.org
Are you ready?
If you recognize yourself in the above, we welcome you to apply for this position by sending your resume, cover letter and list of grades (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We review applications on a rolling basis.
One of our interns, Beatrice Leipute from Lithuania, wrote a testimonial about her internship at True Price:
“As an intern at True Price, I contributed to several research projects. For an Econometrics student like me, it was both challenging and exciting to be responsible for social- and environmental data analysis. I had the unique opportunity to match my academic background with my high interest in the social sphere. I was able to use my computational and strategic skills to contribute to the wellbeing of society, to transparency in economics and to sustainability in general.
As such I developed my skills and learned about dealing with social and environmental data, but I was also able to improve my presentation skills by communicating results directly to clients. Learning in a real-life situation and being responsible for presenting my own tasks was a big step in my personal development and professional experience. With the help and support of the devoted, experienced and ambitious team at True Price, each obstacle and possible difficulty became easy.”
One of our other interns, Angelos Siakantaris from Greece, also wrote a testimonial about his internship at True Price:
Stemming from a quantitative background in Applied Mathematics, I was intrinsically motivated to further develop my skills within the sustainability sector. True Price was an excellent choice and I truly enjoyed my time as an intern. I had the opportunity to use my knowledge and work consistently towards the monetization of environmental and social impacts. More specifically, I was part of the team responsible for the software tool that computes True Prices. From my perspective, the idea to not only discuss social/environmental externalities, but to also measure them is crucial. True Price vastly contributes to that.
Having the opportunity to be part of such a motivated group of people was more than valuable. Weekly training programs and constant feedback further enhanced my communicative and quantitative skills. Overall, being an intern at True Price was an exciting adding value process!